Beyond the B.A.S.I.C.S. Blog
Gift Receiving Goals
December 7, 2016
“Gratitude paints little smiley faces on everything it touches.”
- Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway
PARENTS: Would you like to add a ‘gift receiving goal’?
As gift giving season approaches, Supervisors will be asking if you want to add a gift receiving goal. In the meantime, here is a social story you can use.
- Christmas is super fun! I get to see family, I get to give gifts, and I get presents too!
- Sometimes I want things and I will get them for Christmas.
- Sometimes I want things and will not get them.
- If I get a gift I want, I will say “Thank you!”
- If I get a different gift, I will say “Thank you!” too.
- It is rude to tell someone I do not like their gift.
- If I do not get a present that I want, I can do a Goal Plan Do Check to figure out how to get the gift in a different way or something different I can play with.
Christmas is about family and love. Presents are fun but it is most important that we have fun with our family.
Check out our latest newsletter here: http://conta.cc/2hm7Il9