Beyond the B.A.S.I.C.S. Blog
PARENTS: Would you like to add a ‘gift receiving goal’?
January 11, 2018
As gift giving season approaches, Supervisors will be asking if you want to add a gift receiving goal. In the meantime, here is a social story you can use.
- • Christmas is super fun! I get to see family, I get to give gifts, and I get presents too!
• Sometimes I want things and I will get them for Christmas.
• Sometimes I want things and will not get them.
• If I get a gift I want, I will say “Thank you!”
• If I get a different gift, I will say “Thank you!” too.
• It is rude to tell someone I do not like their gift.
• If I do not get a present that I want, I can do a Goal Plan Do Check to figure out how to get the gift in a different way or something different I can play with.
Christmas is about family and love. Presents are fun but it is most important that we have fun with our family.
BASICS ABA Therapy, LLC