All information regarding clients, their families, and other staff is strictly confidential. We do not refer to clients by name outside of the client’s home. We do not discuss things that have been observed in a family home unless it directly applies to therapy. We understand the trust you are putting in us and do not want to break that trust.
Federal Compliance and
B.A.S.I.C.S. ABA Therapy, LLC is committed to compliance with all Federal Legislation regarding our employment practices. We do not discriminate against employees or clients based on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, race, age, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, national origin, handicap/disability, or veteran status. We have zero tolerance for harassment.
All therapists conduct themselves in a professional manner when dealing with students, families, and other staff. Therapists are not permitted to socialize with clients outside of sessions. ABA therapists should not discuss programming with families. All programming questions should be directed to the BCBA or Supervisor.
We are available for emergencies via phone, email, and text message. All non-urgent matters should be addressed during office hours (10am-6pm). I am often in the field during business hours but will return all phone calls and emails within 48 hours.
Sessions will be canceled:
1. If a child misses school due to illness. If a child sees a doctor and the doctor signs a release allowing the child to have a session, then we will waive this rule.
2. If a child has a fever or has had a fever in the last 24 hours
3. If a child had diarrhea or vomiting
4. If your child has a "bad" cold with hacking or persistent cough, green or yellow nasal drainage, productive cough with green or yellow phlegm being coughed up. These symptoms may be present with or without a fever.
5. If your child has a rash. Again, if you have a doctor's note explaining that it is non-contagious, we will waive this rule.
6. If your child has a contagious condition like lice, pink eye, chicken pox etc.
Sessions that are canceled with more than 24 hours notice will not be billed. However, if the shift is canceled with less than 24 hours notice, we will bill for the shift. If a staff person arrives at a shift and finds that a child fits any of the categories above, the shift will be ended and fully-billed.
If your child is border-line, please feel free to call or email the the therapist that is scheduled to work with the child and/or me. We will make exceptions when appropriate.
The same basic rules apply for sick staff. You will not be billed for any shift that a staff person cancels due to illness. If staff person has a minor cold, they may contact the families directly to see whether the family would like to cancel the shift.
WE ARE IN-NETWORK PROVIDERS FOR MANY INSURANCE PLANS